Monday, October 6, 2008

Cycle 5 - CD19 - Follicle update

I was busy with some training at work and was not able to update my blog. The results of last weeks ultrasound and blood work are below.

CD15:
Rt Ovary- 6mm, 7mm, 9mm, 8mm, 7mm
Lt Ovary- 10mm, 8mm, 8.5mm
Lining- 9.5mm
Estrogen- 109

CD17:
Rt Ovary- 10mm, 7mm, 7mm
Lt Ovary- 10mm, 10mm, 10mm, 10.5mm, 11mm
Lining- 10mm
Estrogen- 114

CD19:
Rt Ovary- 9mm, 8mm, 8mm
Lt Ovary- 14mm, 11mm, 11mm, 10mm, 9mm, 8mm
Lining- 10mm
Estrogen- ?

I am still waiting to get my estrogen level. I am still on the 2 menopur (150IU) shots a day and based on my estrogen level I might have to start the Ganirelix. The nurse thinks that I might have 3 or maybe 4 mature follicles and might be ready for trigger by Thursday. The only side effects of Menopur that I have is that I am getting tired a lot. I guess it is not one of the worst side effects and since I don't get crazy migraines I will be content with this. Last Thursday I was really low after my ultrasound. I guess it showed on my face and everyone at the clinic were super nice to me. They all hugged me and said that it will be OK and the nurse who drew my blood let me watch some sperm under the microscope. It was really fun to watch them move crazily and it cheered me up. She also showed me how they wash the sperm for insemination and how they count it. Weekend I kept myself busy quilting.

Today my nurse was very excited about my progress but I am still doubtful. It is already CD19 and most likely I will be ovulating around CD23. I also keep thinking that the 11mm ones will stop growing and only the 14mm one would grow. That would suck because I really want more than one follicle after all these injections. I guess I will have to wait till Wednesday to know what my body has in mind.

Update:
Estrogen was at 123 so I take 2 vials of Menopur today and 2 vials of Menopur tommorrow along with ganirelix and go back on Wednesday for an ultrasound. This morning the nurse told me that she was sure that my estrogen would be atleast 300. I am kinda feeling low again. I hope the follicles keep growing.

2 comments:

A Decade of BFNs said...

I hope your E2 rises and you trigger soon. Lots of follies!!! Hope they all keep growing.

I Believe in Miracles said...

Sending you some support and hugs!