Monday, October 27, 2008

Cycle 5 - CD 40 - 16DPO

YAY! I AM PREGNANT

What does a POAS addict do during the two week wait? Test like a maniac. Ever since I wrote my last post a week ago I started to notice some mild symptoms. My nipples were very sore, I had hot flashes and some cramping. I decided to POAS on Friday evening (13DPO) and immediately saw a positive. Even though I've always thought and imagined different ways to share the news with my husband, the reality was so different. He had gone to collect our mail from the mailbox and when he came back I asked him to come to the restroom and look at the stick. He did see a positive but he was upset that I tested early. I was supposed to wait till 16DPO and so he was doubtful if the positive was real or because of my HCG booster shots. We did not celebrate. He suggested we pray and then we decided not to talk about it. I again tested Saturday evening and it was a positive. By then I was having more cramps and mild nausea. I also threw up once Saturday night. Sunday morning I tested again with a different brand HPT and it was positive. So this morning I tested with a digital and was really ecstatic to see PREGNANT appear on it. I went to my clinic for the blood test and am waiting for the results.

I know its really really early and it could go either way. One minute I am happy and the other I am so doubtful. I guess IF does change a person and nothing can be done to undo that. Please pray for me. I will consider myself pregnant and enjoy the feeling at least till I get the results. I will update as soon as I get the results. Meanwhile I am just pretending to work at my office. I know you guys will understand.

4 comments:

A Decade of BFNs said...

Awesome Awesome Awesome~~~~!!!!! Congrats!!!!! Can't wait to hear what the BETA is.

Courtney said...

Oh My Goodness! Congratulations! I'm celebrating inside for you (because I'm at work of course)!
Woo Hoo!

Carrie said...

Yay! Congratulations! When will you hear the beta results?

-Carrie
http://welayinrepose.livejournal.com

SAHW said...

Congratulations!!!!!!!!!!!! SOOO excited for you!!

Yes, IF does change a person and it's hard to go back to the innocence of before. However, do your best to enjoy where you are now as much as you can.

Yay! I had gotten so behind on my blog reading, I'm thrilled to see this post as I'm catching up tonight!