Friday, September 26, 2008

Cycle 5 - CD9

My first ultrasound of this cycle was this morning. I have been on the lowest dose of Menopur (75IU) for 5 days and today my follicle measurement was a 9mm and 7.4mm on the right and a 6.5mm on the left. The ultrasound tech also mentioned that my lining looked really good compared to all my previous scans. I forgot to ask her the measurement. So now I will have to wait for my nurse to call me with the estrogen values based on which she would tell me to either stay on the same dosage or increase it. Once my follicles reach a certain size I will start taking ganirelix along with menopur for the last few days. This is to prevent premature release with my own LH surge (not that I have surged on my own in the past). I guess they want to go the HCG trigger way so that they can time me for the IUI.

I am slowly beginning to agree with my husband about taking a break. With all these medications I feel sick (migraine, nausea) most of the time and I am always tired. I am beginning to forget how I was before all this started. Based on how this cycle goes I will be seriously considering taking a break.

Ever since I started my quilting class I have been pretty addicted. I will be finishing my first lap quilt this weekend. I got a pattern from the Internet and started this even before I started my class. I have already bought material for 2 king size quilts and one baby quilt. My neighbours 18month old daughter is diagnosed with cancer in her stomach and she is undergoing chemo to reduce the tumour size. Once its reduced they will be surgically removing it from her tummy. Both me and my husband feel so much for this little girl so I thought I will make her a baby quilt with animals and flowers. Lets hope I finish it before her surgery.

1 comment:

A Decade of BFNs said...

So glad to hear things are coming along. I hope you get a BFP so you don't have to worry about taking a TTC break.