Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Cycle 3 - CD37 - 7dpo - Symptom Update

Last Thursday both me and my DH went for the HCG injection class and learnt how to administer the HCG booster shots (sub-cutaneous). He gave me the first shot at the clinic itself and I did not feel a thing. He gave me the second shot at home on Sunday and I felt a slight prick. I was so terrified about the shots but now I am glad that they are making us do the booster shots, instead of PIO as I've read too many painful stories about those. Also I guess the tons of excess fat in my tummy is helping with these shots. Finally a benefit of having a loaded tummy.

Weekend I had friends over and so did not have much time to fret about the 2ww. But now even though I have lots to do at work I am thinking about it the whole time. Symptom wise there is absolutely nothing that I am feeling.

Bleeding or Spotting - NO
Cramping or Twinges - 2 in the past 1 week
Pain - NO
Sore Boobs - NO
Migraine - YES YES and YES

I have been having migraines continuously for the past 3 days. I don't know if the migraines are because of the HCG booster shots or because of the dip in progesterone that my body is going through in preparation for AF. I usually get migraines a few days before AF so I am sure that this cycle is a big bust. This morning I went for my progesterone draw but will not know the results till Friday, when I go back for another progesterone check. In a way having no symptoms is helping me in not having too much hope. I am 90% confident that this cycle did not work but the remaining 10% is pretty hopeful. I still have one more week to do a HPT unless AF shows before that.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey CG. Sorry about the migraines. How long is your luteal phase usually?

I'm with you- yesterday I felt crampy and had a backache all day. Today? Nothing. So I'm trying not to obsess about it (boy, that's really working) and keeping my fingers crossed for both of us.

I Believe in Miracles said...

Sorry about the migraines. I know about over analyzing all those aches and pains. I was at that point last cycle -- still wanting to be hopeful, but not really believing it. I hope you find something to distract you and rest during the 2ww. :o)
*big hug*

SAHW said...

Sorry you are suffering with the migraines...
So many people have no early pg symptoms...so lack of symptoms doesn't necessarily mean much.
But I am with you on the hope-but-don't-hope...I want to hope, but it hurts to hope and keep having the hope shot down again and again.
Hopefully the wait won't be much longer.
And lol about the tummy fat helping! I guess that's one thing I've got on my side!