Friday, July 11, 2008

Cycle 3 - CD26 - Still not there yet

Today morning I went for another disappointing ultrasound. The dominant follicle on the left ovary measures only 19mm and they want it at least at 22mm before trigger. So I get to wait for a couple more days and go back on Monday for another ultrasound and possible trigger. The only good news was my lining was at 11.5mm. I am at CD26 and still ha vent ovulated this cycle. So I guess this will end up being a 45-50 day cycle and I am not hopeful at all. Since its taking forever for the follicle to grow we have decided not to go for IUI this cycle. I am doubting the quality of the egg and don't want to waste money on IUI this time. Next cycle will be with injectables so I am hoping to respond better and go for an IUI next cycle. So I am back in the waiting game.

5 comments:

Nichole said...

Oh, I am so sorry. We did 3 IUI's well...we only did one actual IUI cause the other two were cancelled after weeks of stimming with no dominant follicles. I don't know what is more dissapointing...a BFN or a cancelled cycle.

*hugs*

SAHW said...

I'm sorry the IUI isn't working out for this time...the waiting game is so frustrating!! Hopefully the Clomid does its job and an unassisted cycle still results in success!

Anonymous said...

That is very disappointing - cancelled cycles suck. Do they know why your not responding?

Anonymous said...

Sorry to hear this. I was hoping your dominant follicle would have decided to grow.

I think skipping the IUI is probably a good idea- we think the same thing- it's taken SO long to get the eggs started.

But maybe you'll get lucky on your own this cycle. Fingers crossed for Monday.

emma said...

I am so sorry! I do hope that your u/s today shows promise. Big hugs girl!

xoxo