Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Cycle 3 - CD24

Its not good news and its not bad news either. Since I did not see a surge till yesterday I went for my ultrasound this morning. I have one 7 mm follicle on my right ovary and three 9mm follicles on the left and one 18mm dominant follicle on the left. I am glad that there is at least one dominant follicle but it is taking forever to grow and they want it to be at least 21mm before trigger. My uterus lining is at 8.5mm and they want it to be at least 8mm, so that is good. My doc has asked me to test with OPK's for the next 2 days and go back on Friday for another ultrasound and possible trigger. My favorite RN is off on Fridays and the other RN is not so friendly. She is not rude or anything but she never says a additional word. She just gives me the result and that's it. I guess I will have to adjust with her on Friday and hope things look promising by then.

I am not so confident about this cycle because of the really long follicular phase. Although its been 6 days since I stopped clomid I still have migraines and hot flashes. The insomnia is gone so I think slowly the remaining side effects will also stop. At least I know that this will be my last clomid cycle. Next cycle they would either make me try a different medicine or move to injectibles. Although with PCOS, injectible cycles have a higher risk of multiples but my doctor thinks that with close monitoring they should be able to control my follicle stimulation.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey, I'm glad to see there's a dominant follicle, even if it's taking forever to grow. I hope you can trigger on Friday.

My fs is talking injectibles next cycle too- she also said PCOS folk can easily over stimulate, so she will be starting me off on the lowest possible dose.

Good luck on Friday!

I Believe in Miracles said...

Wishing you best wishes for Friday!!

It's amazing how different people at clinic can affect you. I really like some and not so much others.

*BIG HUG*

emma said...

You go girl! So glad you've got something cooking now. It usually takes me about 10 days after my last Clomid pill for the side effects to stop. Although this cycle they still haven't stopped. I've always been so cold natured this is totally throwing me for a loop.

xoxo

Ellie said...

Hey girl- 18mm is great news! I'll keep my fingers crossed for you for Friday!

Hopefully the migraines and hot flashes decrease quickly!

Take care!

Leslie Laine said...

I'm with Emma - it usually takes about 10 days for me to get rid of evil Clomid side effects. Best wishes on Friday - I hope you get great news!

SAHW said...

Wow, those are all the same clomid symptoms I'm having, plus now I have cramps too...I know you'll be glad to be done with it...but I do hope everything works out for the IUI this cycle for you.