Thursday, July 3, 2008

Cycle 3 - CD18 - Follicle Update

Finally I get to stop my clomid. I still do not have big follicles but I have decent ones (3 at 11mm on the left ovary and 3 at 10, 8, 8mm on my right ovary). My doc thinks that I can stop the clomid and let the follicles grow on their own for a few days. She wants me to start using OPK's from Saturday although she feels that Monday is the earliest that I will ovulate. If I dont see a surge by Tuesday (Jul 8) I go back for an ultrasound and trigger shot. My uterus lining was also a bit thin (about 5mm) and the doc thinks that once I stop the clomid the lining might grow faster. I've decided to wait till my surge to make a decision about IUI.

We are driving today to a friends place 7hrs away, for the long weekend. Its a get together with some of my undergrad friends. The only troubling thing is that out of the two other couples one has a 1.5 yr old and the other (the one that's hosting) is 5 months pregnant. I am happy for both of them but still when I actually see them I am worried that it is going to remind me of what I so badly want to have but cant at this point. Infact both of them claimed that they were'nt trying so that just adds to my misery. We have a few more single friends coming too so I guess I'll try to hang out with them as much as possible and try to have some fun.

No matter what, in the back of my mind I am going to be thinking about my follicles and ovulation all the time. So wish me luck with my follicles and the get together.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your follicle sizes sound very similar to mine (one at 9 on each ovary)... so maybe we'll both get lucky and ovulate this weekend or early next week!

Have fun visiting your friends- I know how frustrating it is to have people surround you who 'blink and they get pregnant'. Gah!

emma said...

Come on follicles!!! I'm glad you got some good news after all that freaking Clomid. You must be going mad after all this. Have a great weekend, enjoy your friends and get ready for some baby-making fun! It's okay if seeing your pregnant/with children friends upsets you. It's a normal part of this process.

xoxo