Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Back again for the second round

My daughter is about 2 years old now and we think we are ready for the next one. For the first year after her birth my cycles were regular. Then they started getting irregular typical PCOS style. We went back to the clinic 2 months ago and met with the doctor to come up with a plan. The plan is to test AML (mine was at 6.2 again its high which indicates PCOS) and do a HSG before starting any other treatments. I also went back on Metformin extended release 1000mg two times a day. This time the metformin is giving me a lot of nausea and I am hoping that my body will get adjusted soon. I did go for a HSG 2 weeks ago but it was a major flop. The guy tried for 45min and could not find my cervix. The whole process was both painful and uncomfortable but not too bad. I do have good pain tolerance I think. It was also day 10 of my cycle so I could not schedule another one this cycle.
I am back on progesterone to bring on a bleeding and once I start the next cycle I will get the HSG done at a different hospital. Also we are going with leterozole and injectables for the next cycle as the cost might be a little less doing a combination instead of only injectables. My insurance does not cover any infertility treatment costs. My body does not do well with both clomid or leterozole. The last time I did leterozole I got a lot of migraines and the egg growth was slow. I am hoping that the combination might work better. The doctor is also worried about overstimming but knowing my history (3 clomid rounds, 1 leterozole round, 1 injectable round) I have never grown more than one egg per cycle, I am not so worried.
DH is still not completely on board with this as he thinks its a little too soon but I want to start as we never know how long it is going to take this time. Just because it happened in 6 months last time does not mean it will be the same this time. Also I have a very active toddler to deal with at home and a full time job.
I did continue reading some of favorite blogs and I guess pretty much everyone I followed has a kid now. That's a lot of good news. Wish me luck friends and here's wishing loads of luck to all of you out there.

No comments: