Monday, June 16, 2008

My first Post

I am not new the blogging world but fairly new to the TTC blogging world. I have been following a couple of TTC blogs for the past few months and decided to start my own to share my story with the world. I am hoping that this would help me vent out my feelings and frustrations and stay sane through this difficult period.

I've been TTC since March 2007. Because of PCOS I was annovulatory. I started Metformin 1500mg/day in September 2007 and it helped me loose about 8 lbs but did not help me with the ovulation.

January 2008, I had surgery to remove a big dermoid cyst from my right ovary. Thankfully my ob-gyn was able to save my ovary. Since it was an open surgery I was asked not to TTC and was in recovery for 2 months.

April 2008 we met with an RE. My cd3 FSH and EH came back normal and I took clomid - 100mg from cd5 thru cd9. My cd10 clomid challenge test FSH and EH level came back normal. Ultrasound on cd18 revealed no follicle growth.

May 2008, my RE recommended the extended clomid cycle where I take clomid continously and they monitor me with US and bloodword and stop clomid when the follicles have reached the desired size. I took clomid 100mg from cd 3 - cd 15. Ultasound on cd 16 revealed one 15mm follicle on the rt ovary and blood work revealed EH - 346. Stopped clomid and used OPK for 4 days. No LH surge was detected. Ultrasound on cd 21 revealed one 22mm follicle on the rt ovary. HCG - 10,000 unit trigger shot was administered. 8dpo progesterone test came back with a low progesterone value of 5. BFN on cd 35.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh my. I too had a gigantic dermoid cyst (in my left ovary - alas, I lost the ovary), and I too have PCOS. We're bothering about with Clomid cycles at the moment.

Best wishes.