Monday, June 23, 2008

Cycle 3 - CD8

Like always I am having terrible side effects with clomid. I get a migraine almost everyday accompanied by nausea and hot flashes. I wish these side effects become bearable with time. Last month I took clomid for 13 days but I am hoping with the increased dosage I wouldnt need it for that long. This is my mind speaking, dont know what my body has to say.

My husband has been terribly patient with all my mood swings. He even helps around the house a lot, as it is very difficult for me to function with these migraines. I am so grateful to have found him.

Since we havent told anyone about our IF struggle this blog helps me vent out my feelings and insecurites without being judged. There are things that I cant tell my husband at times but its easier for me to pen it down here. I guess this is a form of therapy for me. It honestly helps.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for your advice on my blog- I'm on 50mg, so maybe that's why I don't have side effects yet...or maybe they're still to come.

Sorry to hear you are hit by Clomid so badly. I hope you ovulate soon!

I Believe in Miracles said...

Welcome to the blog world. Found you through L&F. I too am on clomid waiting to ovulate... so I hope yours comes soon too.

I hope your HSG goes well on Friday. I had heard horrible stories before having mine and was really worried, but it was just fine, much less painful than my biopsies. Hope yours goes well too!! Bring a pad...

I Believe in Miracles said...

I had a sonohistogram (inject fluid into uterus and do U/S to see lining) and endometrial biospy (yes - talking about endometrial) because they couldn't figure out what was wrong - checking for polyps, fibroids, endo, etc. I would say the HSG was somewhere inbetween. It was more uncomfortable than sonohistorgram, but my whole lower half was shaking badly after biopsy (the doc said she got a "good sample", i.e. painful) and I had to go home and sit on the couch for hours. I went to work after HSG and was fine.

I don't know why they're doing blood vs. U/S. Although, I can't figure out which I think is worse - undressing daily for U/S or getting pricked... I guess it will depend on how long this pricking goes for!

Anonymous said...

OMG I remember the Clomid mood swings! "Good morning honey" he woudl say..."Oh bite me jack ass" was ussually my response. Thank GOD for understanding husbands or I don't think I would have reached my 1st wedding anniversary!