Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Cycle 3 - CD10

Blood Tests are usually not a big deal for most people but for some extra special people like me they are a HUGE deal. I have always needed more than one prick for a successful blood test so I was not surprised that nothing came out during the first prick this morning. Thankfully the second time was the charm. There have been times when I had to be pricked 4 times for a blood sample so being pricked twice was nothing. I feel sorry for nurses though, cos the nurse this morning was feeling miserable that she did not do it right. I kept telling her that its my vein that's not co-operating and not her.

Anyway I just got the call from my NP and she says that the Estradiol is at 116. Its better than what it was during my last clomid (100mg) cycle CD10 but not enough. So I continue clomid (150mg) for 2 more days and go back on Friday - CD12 for another blood test and ultrasound. I also have my big HSG appointment on Friday, so I get to go up on the stirrups twice that day. What fun. I am still dreading the HSG procedure. I have severe heart burn and so I usually try to avoid Ibuprofen. My doc tells me that Tylenol does not do the job so I want to know if taking vicodin has the same effect as taking 4, 200mg Ibuprofen tablets.

With the increased clomid dosage apart from the regular side effect of hot flashes and migraines, I am also having severe nausea. I hope that by Friday my Estradiol rises significantly and that I get to stop the clomid.

5 comments:

I Believe in Miracles said...

I'm sorry about your blood pricks. That sounds aweful!! I have very good veins and usually don't have trouble, but during 1 of my 6 pricks I had to have the needle moved so the nurse could find the vein. Oddly enough, that was not one of those that bruised!

I would suggest having some type of pain killer for the HSG. Maybe aleve?

I usually tried to schedule my test as close as I could, or even on the same day just to get them over with. You're exhausted, but then they're done, right?

Good luck!! I will be thinking of you on Friday and sending happy thoughts your way.

I Believe in Miracles said...

Thanks for the well wishes! I'm doing 2 IUI's - one Thursday and one Friday. Unless there is an issue (timing, vacation, cost, etc.), I would suggest going for 2. I hear that's pretty typical. And from what I've read, after the LH surge ovulation can take place up to 36 hours later.
Good luck! Keep me posted. And hope the HSG goes smoothly tomorrow.

IVFdiva said...

I too have difficulty when they draw blood. They have even had to take it out of my hand. So not fun!
Good luck with the clomid. It is certainly not my favorite drug. I swear it makes me psycho.
The HSG test is not that bad. It will be over before you know it.
Good luck!

I Believe in Miracles said...

How did your HSG go?

Anonymous said...

Just popping on to see how your HSG went. I'm sorry the Clomid is making you so miserable. I hope the 150 mg did the trick.