Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Cycle3, CD26, 2DPO

After all the drama from the previous weeks this cycle did end up with an IUI (If this works I might have to go back to my previous clinic and tell them that they were wrong).

CD18-CD19: 300IU Menopur
CD20:
lining - 11.1mm
rt ovary - 12.5mm
lt ovary - 11.1mm, 12.6mm, 11.6mm, 11.6mm
estradiol - 759

The nurse spoke to me about both follicle reduction and foetal reduction. I was open to the follicle reduction at that point.

CD20: 300IU Menopur + Ganirelix
CD21: 225IU Menopur + Ganirelix

CD22:
lining - 15.49mm
rt ovary - 12.5mm
lt ovary - 18.3mm, 14.3mm, 13.3mm, 13.3mm
estradiol - 853

CD22: 225IU Menopur + Ganirelix

CD23:
lining - 11.86mm
rt ovary - 19.4mm
lt ovary - 21.4mm, 19.7mm, 13mm

They again offered follicle reduction but we decided against it. Our chances of getting pregnant with twins was less than 8% and chances of triplets were less than 5%. We also decided to do 2 back to back IUI's.

CD24: IUI 1
DH's post wash count was 105million.The IUI was easy, with very less discomfort.

CD25: IUI 2
DH's post wash count was 71million. I had some mild heaviness, bloating and pain in my abdomen and so the nurse did an ultrasound after the IUI. Everything looked OK and she said that I was ovulating.

Now I am officially in the 2 week wait. I will be doing HCG shots for luteal phase progesterone support on 2/21, 2/24 and 2/27. I will also go in for progesterone tests on 2/27 and 2/29 and for beta on 03/06.

This cycle my body has needed about 66 vials of Menopur and 3 Ganirelix shots to produce 3 good follicles. The doctor thinks that I would be a better candidate for IVF and we are also beginning to accept the idea. IVF is definitely more expensive but we always run the risk of multiples and over stimulation with injectables in my case and it also takes forever and uses a lot of meds. For now I am hoping that this cycle I would get pregnant with a singleton.

There is lots of tension in the home front because DH wants to go for a foetal reduction in case of multiples and I am completely against it. Now he even thinks that he does not want another child. I am hoping that its just his fear of multiples talking and he will calm down soon. Life is hard and hopefully I will get some much needed good news in 2 weeks.

1 comment:

DandelionBreeze said...

Thinking of you for your 2WW :) FXd for a BFP and that all is well xoxo