Monday, February 13, 2012

Cycle3, CD18 - A Big Rollercoaster Ride

CD12-CD13: 300IU Menopur
CD14:
lining - 9.52mm

rt ovary - 8.73mm, 7.34mm, 7.47mm, 5.62mm, 5.52mm
lt ovary - 9.94mm, 8.89mm, 8.27mm, 6.94mm, 6.12
estradiol - 114

The nurse called me last Thursday and asked me continue with the same dosage of Menopur and come back again on Friday (CD15).

CD14: 300IU Menopur
CD15:
lining - 9.17mm

rt ovary - 8.25mm, 7.88mm, 7.90mm, 7.73mm, 6.2mm
lt ovary - 8.7mm, 8.05mm, 7.02mm, 6.62mm
estradiol - 183

The nurse calls me in the evening and wants me to cancel. I did not see that coming. They were in complete panic mode and kept saying that if I continue I would definitely overstimulate. I was confused and very disappointed.

When I went through all of this 3 years ago I saw Dr.A at the same clinic. However since then he has moved out of the clinic and started his own which is about 1.5hrs away. Since the current clinic is only 25min away from my house I decided to go with the same clinic but different doctor (Dr. V) who is much younger and with less experience. So after Friday's drama I decided to change my RE and called Dr.A's clinic to see what they recommend (I had seen Dr.A 2 months ago to get a second opinion on how to proceed). Surprisingly they were happy to take me mid-cycle and wanted me to come on Saturday. The current clinic refuse to give me my stim sheets so I took all the numbers from my blog and went to see Dr. A. He was more than happy to have me back and was amazed that I had kept such good notes for all my cycles (Thanks to blogging). On Saturday's ultrasound the follicles were all still below 10mm and since my Estradiol is not high he wants me to continue with the same medication. We are back on track and even though I have to drive about 3hrs (both ways) every other morning I am more than happy to continue this cycle. We have used a lot of medication already and I don't know how much more I am going to need. Hopefully I get pregnant this time.

CD16-CD17: 300IU Menopur


CD18:
lining - ?
rt ovary - small ones less than 10mm
lt ovary - 12mm, small ones less than 10mm
estradiol - 397

I go back in 2 days for my next ultrasound.

2 comments:

DandelionBreeze said...

Great that you can continue with this cycle :) Must have been such a relief when you were able to get into see your old doctor so quickly... sure paid off :) FX'd for you xoxo

I Believe in Miracles said...
This comment has been removed by the author.