Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Cycle3, CD12

We did a repeat SA on my DH in December. The morphology increased from 1% (in September) to 7%. I guess the supplements are working. We waited till Jan for the new insurance to kick in. I switched to a new insurance that claimed to cover up to 8000$ for infertility testing and treatment. After many phone calls to the company we have realised that they only cover procedures and not medication. In my case I spend about 2500-3000$ per cycle for medicated IUI's. My nurse thinks that I should consider moving on to IVF to get the most out of my insurance coverage but I am not too sure yet. Both me and DH have our own concerns about IVF and I will have to write a post about that later.
So we started this cycle on Jan 27th with a progesterone induced withdrawal bleed. During my injectable cycle that worked (resulting in DD) 3yrs ago, I used about 30 vials of Menopur. For the Femara-Menopur combination cycle in August I used about 29 vials of medication and for the Sep-Oct Menopur only cycle I used 49 vials of medication. The doctor decided to start at a higher dose of Menopur this cycle in hopes that my body would need less. So far I don't think its working.

CD2:
lining - 4.9mm

CD4-CD6: 225IU Menopur

CD7:
lining - 7.77mm
rt ovary - 4.9mm, 4.18mm
lt ovary - 7.43mm, 7.26mm, 6.42mm, 4.16mm
estradiol - 50

CD7-CD9: 225IU Menopur

CD10: (at the main office)
lining - 9.62mm

rt ovary - 5.98mm, 5.72mm, 4.8mm, 4.31mm
lt ovary - 9.5mm, 8.29mm, 7.41mm, 7.23mm, 6.17mm
estradiol - 59

CD10-CD11: 225IU Menopur
CD12:
lining - 8.7mm

rt ovary - 9.56mm, 7.57mm, 6.1mm, 4.95mm
lt ovary - 9.39mm, 8.15mm, 8.13mm, 8.1mm
estradiol - 53

Since the follicles are all still small and estradiol has gone down they are upping my dose to 300IU for 2 days and I go back for blood work and ultrasound on Thursday. I am already losing hope on this cycle and beginning to think that it will be cancelled because of too many follicles. If that does happen then I am moving to a diff clinic for the next cycle, simply because I believe that this current doctor does not know how to treat me and produce less follicles. I so badly want this to work.

1 comment:

DandelionBreeze said...

Hi... here from Cyclesistas :)) Joining the list for this month while doing IVF #3+... FXd for you that your cycle doesn't need to be cancelled and that all goes well. I have a private blog {via newyearmum2.blogspot.com}, but happy for other IF/ART bloggers to join - just email me via my updater blog :) Good luck for your cycle and great to be cycling with you xoxo