Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Beta and Progesterone update

My beta more than doubled since last week from 520 to 7034 whereas my progesterone has gone down from 15 to 14. My doc has decided to increase my weekly progesterone shots to two times a week. I am trying not to panic but still am a little concerned. So far I do not have any spotting or bleeding so I guess that is a good sign. Can someone please share with me their low progesterone experiences? I am mainly concerned if twice a week is enough or do I need the shots more often.

5 comments:

I Believe in Miracles said...

Yeah for the doubling beta.

I think Mel http://melslifeinaholdingpattern.blogspot.com/ had some issues with her progesterone too and asked a similar question. I think late October.

**HUGS**

Kristen said...

I had low progestone early in my pregnancy as well. It started at 19 and went down to 14. I wasn't taking shots but they did put me on 200mg progesterone supplements. I had to take 2 100mg pill a day until 14 weeks, when the placenta took over. I was so worried of miscarrying (I had had 2 previous losses) but I gave birth to a healthy baby boy in July. I think anything above 10 is okay but some RE's - like mine and yours - like to see above 15 to be safe.

I will be praying for you! Feel free to email me with any questions!

Turia said...

Sorry I can't help with your question. Hang in there. I hope the other ladies can offer some reassurance.

SAHW said...

I have no advice to offer, but I hope all continues to go well with your pregnancy!

bleu said...

I had low prog. with my son, it went down to 11 from 26 and I was put on supps 3 times a day. With my IVF's I have PIO shots 1-2 times a day. Are you getting just regular progesterone in oil shots? If so you would need them more than twice a week as the half life is like 24 hours.

Supps half life is 12 hours so with thos ethey have to be twice a day.

The BIG thing about prog. is you cannot have too much so why not overload ya.

With my current pregnancy I was doing 200mg in shots a day and 2oomg in supps a day for the first trimester.

Good luck and congrats!!!