Wednesday, November 12, 2008

6w2d

The cold and congestion that started last week got really worse over the weekend and hence I was not able to update my blog.

Also last Thursday I had some brown discharge and cramps. If I was a normal pregnant person I wouldn't have noticed the discharge in the first place. Since I come from an IF background I analyse my tp a lot and hence noticed it. I started panicking and called my clinic and they assured me that it was totally OK to have some discharge and cramping. Again I was not convinced and when I went to the clinic on Friday for the shot, I asked if I could get an ultrasound along with the blood test. In the ultrasound we saw the gestational sac and yolk sac both looking healthy and good. There was no heartbeat but I guess it was too early for it anyway. The sacs measured at 5w2d whereas based on my trigger I was at 5w4d and the tech assured me that it was totally OK. The HCG value from Friday was 13064 which was really good and the progesterone had gone up to 17 from 14 so I guess that was a good sign too.

The cold got worse after I got back home on Friday and finally I had to take Sudafed. I was having a lot of congestion and was not able to eat or sleep. My doc told me that Sudafed was safe during pregnancy and so I took 1 on Saturday and Sunday. I honestly tried really hard to tough it out without any medication but I was so sick and tired that I had to take it. By Monday it was still worse and we had to go to urgent care and there they told me that if the condition continues for another couple of days then I would have to start antibiotics. Thankfully I am feeling much better today and so no antibiotics for me. Next week Tuesday we have the big ultrasound to look for the heartbeat and I am having my fingers crossed till then.

My husband has been more than helpful these past few days. He worked from home to stay with me and made sure I ate something while I was sick. He would make me breakfast, tea, soup and also kept telling me that it was ok to take the medication. I was feeling very guilty and he kept assuring me that it was ok and it made a huge difference to me. He is such a blessing and I am so glad I have him in my life. On a funny note, when we were at the ultrasound last week the tech looked at my husband and said "DAD come stand by the head so that you can also see the screen". For a minute my husband was so lost and wasnt sure if she was talking to him. Then he realised that he was the DAD and it was so funny to see him then. I already know that he is going to be a great DAD.

Even though I had occasional mild nausea for the last 2 weeks, it really kicked in yesterday. I was not able to finish my dinner and now I cannot think about food. Just thinking about it makes me nauseous. In a way I am happy because it tells me that something is really happening inside me. Hope everything is fine with everyone. I have a lot of blogs to read and get updated.

1 comment:

Turia said...

Hurrah! I hope you get just enough nausea to remind you (reassure you?) that you are still pregnant, but not so much you feel like crap.

I'm so excited for you.