Friday, August 29, 2008

Cycle 4 - CD14 - Follicle update

After my ultrasound on Wednesday my nurse gave me instructions to be on the Femara for 3 more days (till Saturday) and to come for an ultrasound on Friday just to make sure things are progressing correctly. In today's ultrasound we were all happy to see a follicle at 15mm on the right ovary. The remaining one on right and 3 on left are all in the 8-9mm range. So I get to stop Femara today which is one day early. I am glad cause I have been having a migraine everyday for the past 10 days. Now I start peeing on the OPK's from Sunday and if I do not see a surge then I go back for an ultrasound on Tuesday and possible trigger shot. Since I have never surged on my own in the past, I am thinking that I will be most likely needing the trigger shot. Again since I have just one follicle I am not going for an IUI this cycle.

I am happy that the femara has worked a little better for me than clomid. I think injectables are better because ovulating on day 19 is still late and having just one follicle after 12days of fertility medication is also not so promising.

In another news, I went to meet a pregnant friend at the hospital yesterday. I have known the couple only for a few months and this is their second pregnancy but they are a really sweet couple and her water broke 2 days ago. It was only 35weeks for her so she was hospitalized and they were hoping that she would be able to keep in the baby for at least till 36weeks. Both me and my husband went to wish them well and offer any help that they needed. This morning we got a call that she went into labor early this morning and had a healthy baby boy. I am going to visit her again this afternoon and have already volunteered to make dinner for them for tomorrow. While coming back from this morning's ultrasound I had some time to think and was wondering what was different in this friend's pregnancy that it is not hurting me as usual. Maybe it is because I am not too close to her or maybe because I am crazily busy at work and do not have time to sit and worry or crib or maybe because I am in the middle of this cycle and thinking positive thoughts already. Either way I was happy that I am not feeling negative about this. I am not sure though, if I would feel the same way after seeing the baby this evening. I really wish well for the couple and the kids but it might hurt me a teeny tiny bit. I hope God forgives me for this.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm glad at least one of your follicles has stood up and decided to get going, but I agree- sounds like injectables might be better.

It did take me til day 21 to ovulate this cycle, and I think I was jabbing myself for at least twelve days. But I hope you'll get speedy results from the injectables.

That's great that you are feeling so positive about visiting your friend and her baby. :D

Good luck!

Ellie said...

Yay for a 15mm follicle! OPKs were (can I say "were" now that I am onto IVF? That's weird) always so stressful for me, especially because I ovulate so late typically- usually day 18-20. The trigger was so much easier!

Have a great weekend!

I Believe in Miracles said...

Yeah for stopping medicine earlier! I ovulate late with clomid - usually cd 17 or 19. Hope the OPKs went well this weekend... any update?
**HUGS**