Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Moving on to IVF

After lots of research we have decided to go with Albrecht Womens Care. I love Dr.Albrecht and the staff there. Even though CCRM has the best lab, since this is our first shot at IVF and with no previous miscarriages or genetic issues I think we do not need to spend the extra 5k to go to CCRM yet. This might change in a few months though.

So far the plan is to be on Birth Control Pills for about 2 months and to start stimulation in May. I stopped bcp's about 5years ago and being on them again has reminded me how awful they are. I have a mild headache pretty much all the time and sometimes a full blown migraine episode. I have been feeling really low and depressed and keep crying for everything. I hate being this emotional and sensitive but do not have much control over it. It also does not help that I am going through all of this alone (as we have not told any friends or family) and can't discuss much with DH as I am really scared that he might go back to not wanting another child.

We also did our infectious disease screening and some additional testing for me last week. I am low on vitamin D and iron and will have to start taking supplements for those (as if I am not taking enough medications already). I am also borderline high for a blood sugar test and have to start exercising (yeah I have so much free time between appointments, full time and looking after a very active toddler).

Infertility sucks (no matter first time or second time). Tomorrow is our IVF consult with the doctor along with consent signing, medication teaching and mock transfer. Since his clinic is 1.5hrs away from home we are trying to get as much done as possible with our visit tomorrow. I already have my list of questions ready for the consult and hoping to hear some encouraging information.

5 comments:

DandelionBreeze said...

I hate being on the Pill too... it's a nightmare ! Great that you've got a plan and a clinic that you like... good luck for all your appts tomorrow xoxo

Turia said...

Good luck with the appointment. I hope they can answer your questions.

Moving to IVF is a big leap- at least that's how it felt for us. Feel free to pop by my blog and ask if you have any questions. Our two cycles were tough, but totally worth it to get our E.
T.

dayofserenity said...

Hi, thanks for commenting on my blog. I would have emailed you, but couldn't find your address. We actually chose CCRM as our clinic. We have had an EXCELLENT experience so far! The nurses and doctors are so quick to respond to the littlest thing. They are very organized. Everyone is very nice and friendly too! But above all, we chose them for there success rates and their history of research and innovation in the fertility field. I first found out about ccrm 2 years ago and wanted to go here since then. I didn't think we would, but here we are and right at the time we were ready to move forward to IVF. Perfect timing! Email me at daysofserenity at yahoo dot com if you want to chat some more.

Unknown said...

ivf cost uk
I think we do not need to invest the additional 5k to go to CCRM yet. This might modify in a few several weeks though.

IVF Cost said...

In vitro fertilization is an option that many women with fertility problems have turned to in order to conceive, and it has been proven to be an effective solution in many cases.

IVF Cost