Wednesday, March 25, 2009

25w4d

Last week was my routine OB appointment for the month. My bp was only 91/41 and my iron was low too. At 12 weeks it was at 37 and at 20 weeks it was at 36. Last week it went down to 31. They want me to start iron supplements (which suck because they give me real bad heartburn). Both the low bp and low iron could explain the dizziness and the breathing trouble that I have on and off. My weight gain so far has been 11pounds from my pre-pregnancy weight. The doctor found tic tac's heart beat immediately and it was around the high 150's. She also measured my fundal height and it came back at 25cm which she said was perfect. The whole visit lasted only 10-15 min and they gave me the lab slip for the gestational diabetes and iron test, that I get to take during my next visit which will be at 28weeks.

The lil one was kicking all the time for the past 4 days and I was totally enjoying yet. It gives me so much joy to feel her inside me and sometimes I just want it to last always. We had a bit of a scare today as she did not kick since last afternoon for about 20hrs. Honestly both me and my husband were terrified and thought of all the worst case scenarios. I even called my OB's office and they asked me to come for a checkup and then finally I tried drinking apple juice one more time and then she kicked. There are no words that can explain the relief that both me and my husband felt. In fact we were a lil angry at her for worrying us so much. My husband said that we are already parents as we worry about her so much and suddenly I realized how emotionally connected we are to the lil one even before meeting her. I hope I don't have to go through this again and just want her kicking me all the time (even if it hurts sometimes).

When all the worst case scenarios were playing in my mind, the one thing I was sure of was if something did happen to her then I will not want to have any more kids. I have never thought like this before but this morning I was so sure that if something went wrong I will not be able to go through it again.

I just felt her kick and I guess its her way of telling me that she will not scare me again. I love her so much already.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

CG- I hope the iron pills are just what you need (although I hear you on the heartburn) to feel a bit better.

And I hope little tic tac doesn't give you another scare.

Good to hear from you!
T.