Thursday, January 22, 2009

16w4d

Between work and feeling tired and having cramps and lower abdominal pain I hardly find time to post on my blog. This week we had my second OB appointment and it went well. I have gained about 3 pounds since my last appointment and my BP was at 108/66 so I guess that was pretty good. I have been having lots of lower abdominal pain when I walk. Sometimes it's unbearable but mostly its only uncomfortable. My OB thinks that it must be because of stretching of the ligament and scar tissue (from my ovarian surgery). They have also taken an urine sample to check for UTI and I will be getting the results tomorrow. I hope I don't have to take the antibiotic again as it makes me very nauseous. Tic Tac's heartbeat was at the high 150's and my uterus is right at my belly button. They will start measuring my uterus from my next visit onwards. We have our 20 week ultrasound scheduled for Feb18 and we have decided to find out the sex (I hope Tic Tac co-operates).

Because of my pre-pregnancy tummy I already look like 30weeks and feel like an elephant although my husband assures me that I look pretty. He has been so supportive and has been saying just the right things. We still haven't looked at any major baby stuff and will probably start after the 20 week ultrasound.

3 comments:

Nichole said...

So glad your appt. went well! Hope you are feeling better soon!

Anonymous said...

I am so happy for you! I hope you have a wonderful 20 week appt and Tic Tac cooperates and shows you her lady bits (or not...if she's a he!).

T.

Mel said...

Poor thing. I hope your UTI test came back negative. It's "funny" how pregnant women get to enjoy more UTI's and yeast infections, isn't it?! :) Hope you're on the mend and that symptoms are subsiding.

February 18th is just around the corner! Very exciting! We were far too impatient to wait to know the gender, too. It's such a rush when you find out.

Thanks for stopping-by and commenting on my blog.