Friday, May 15, 2009

32w6d - Slow down baby girl

Yesterday was my routine doctor's appointment and my fundal height came back at 37.5cm which means Tic Tac is measuring 4.5 weeks ahead. Last time (at 30weeks) she was measuring 3 weeks ahead. The doctor was smiling the whole time and kept calling her a healthy baby but I am beginning to freak out. Her heart rate was in the 140's and my urine checked ok for protein and sugar. Also my haematocrit value came back at 35 (it was 34 at 28weeks). So I continue to take the iron supplements. So far my weight gain is 20lbs but I have gained 4.5 pounds in the last 2 weeks. I definitely do not want to go into labor with a 10lb baby. I did stop my metformin 2 weeks ago and am not sure if this is the reason for my weight gain and also for Tic Tac measuring ahead. The doctor still thinks that I am not at risk for preterm labor so I guess I will get at least another 4 weeks before she decides to arrive. We have the crib assembled and started assembling the dresser yesterday. The only thing left is the car seat. We also finished our birthing class last weekend and I will try and write a post about it later. Since I am in panic mode because she is measuring ahead I have been having trouble sleeping, which makes me real tired during the day. I have also decided to return some of her 0-3 month clothing as I am not sure if it is going to fit her. Maybe I am overreacting and things will be more clear after our 36week ultrasound. Yesterday after the visit we were setting up an appointment for the ultrasound and my husband kept asking if we would even go till then. I better hope we do cause I am no where ready yet. I still have to wash all her clothes, buy diapers and finish tons of stuff at work. I guess I can go on and on and honestly will never be completely ready.

No comments: